Dear Senator Menendez,
As a N.J. citizen, taxpayer, physician, husband and father, I must offer factual correction on your healthcare policy ACA diatribes.
Nothing could be further from the truth in your partisan message:
1. Insurance coverage is not healthcare.
2. Forcing citizens into ACA Medicaid at taxpayer expense is foolhardy.
3. ACA through “guaranteed issue(preexisting conditions)” destroyed the risk pools that kept prices stable. Now ALL commercial plans premiums have doubled and tripled.
4. The individual insurance market was decimated by ACA, destroying any semblance of insurance competition.
5. ACA put most private practice independent physicians, that are more efficient and cheaper, out of business and working for hospitals. As you know, hospitals inflated pricing schemes also extorts taxpayer dollars
6. ACA also pushed insurers toward “narrow networks.” eliminated patients long-term relationships with physicians and further limited their choice of physician and facility.
7. ACA and forced government dependence will bankrupt the country and its citizens, as a whole and individually.
8. Remember the three big lies of Obamacare? Keep your doctor. Keep your insurance. Each family will save $2500. All proven false partisan narrative.
9. Attacking the president of the United States is a waste of time, money and energy when he would gladly work with you on these issues.
I would be glad to work with you and other legislators on competitive free-market plans and assure quality and give patients best choice and restore personal responsibility and freedom.
Craig M. Wax DO
Independent family physician, media host and healthcare policy expert