While IP4PI appreciates the efforts and goals of the Republican Affordable Healthcare act, it is far from the “full repeal” that was promised over the last two election cycles. As independent physicians, we believe that it doesn’t go far enough in repealing the failed ACA, protecting patient choice and permitting the free market to produce excellence, efficiency and economy. We recommend that big money special interests like pharmaceutical industry, hospital industry, health information technology industry and insurance industry not have undue influence in the process as they have for decades but physicians and patients.
1. Full repeal of ACA/Obamacare by reconciliation.
2. True inexpensive high deductible insurance plans competing across state lines for maximum choice, efficiency and economy.
3. Medicaid block granted back to the states where each state can provide flexible solutions for their citizens.
4. Health savings accounts HSA us should be expanded for use for all medical needs so that patients can select any care or items related to health with their own value systems.
5. Primary care and basic specialty care paid directly to physicians by the patients who selected them. Prices to be posted whether per incident or monthly membership model like DPC Direct primary care.
6. Executive, legislative and judicial for branches of government must abide by this law for their own healthcare.
Articles critiquing GOP ACA change bill