Craig M Wax DO, Family physician and talk show host, and David Condoluci DO infectious disease specialist have a common sense plan for United States and all municipalities to prevent spread and to combat the deadly #Ebola virus.
1. Close borders to #Ebola endemic countries and their people until such time the disease is prevented or cured.
2. Do not fly planes to #Ebola endemic countries except for humanitarian drops of supplies, medicine and food. No planes landing in #Ebola endemic nations.
3. Screening at all airports for history, signs and symptoms of #Ebola disease.
4. Do teaching to all healthcare entities, physicians and nurses for prudent preventive, isolation and treatment techniques.
5. Study those patients who survived Ebola infection to determine what factors played a role in their survival and can be reproduced for #Ebola infected patients.
6. Connect and get consults of leading infectious disease physicians and nurses to develop prevention, detection and treatment standards.
7. Create and maintain situational awareness at all times especially when traveling or if a health care worker caring for patients.
8. Educate the public on all known #Ebola facts and all of the above in simple terms so they may all may act responsibly to prevent disease spread.
Best wishes for good health,
Craig M. Wax, DO
Family physician, Editorial Board of Medical Economics
Host of Your Health Matters
Rowan Radio 89.7 WGLS FM
Exec. Dir, Independent Physicians For Patient independence @IP4PI