This is their foot in the door to take the power away from individual state licensure boards. This must be thwarted or OCC, MOC and MOL are assured.
Dr. Chip Smutny weighs in on this power grab:
If my patient goes to florida in the winter I won’t be able to renew their prescriptions while they are there forcing them to have a second primary care physician and more office visits and more co-pays etc. instead of saving a phone call to fix the problem.
This is smart business sense?
If I get called as an expert in my field which I am I cannot give a professional opinion due to the fact that the patient is not in my State?
This is smart healthcare?
FSMB makes all the decisions on what qualifies for licensure “through another pathway” and they have no oversight my the profession or the colleges that train the physicians in the first place?
This is good policy?
FSMB is making every effort to be THE CONTROLLING FACTOR, THE DECIDING AGNECY AND THE REGULATOR OF LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION OVER AND ABOVE EVERY THING THAT HAS EVER BEEN ESTABLISHED …….FOR A FEE FOR EVERY SERVICE OFFERED TO EVERY PARTICIPATING AGENCY OFFICIAL AND PRACTITIONER.
THIS IS NOT EVEN A VEILED ATTEMPT TO CONTROL THE INDUSTRY, IT IS A BLATANT, SELF DESCRIBED EFFOR TO DO SO IN THEIR MISSION STATEMENTS, PUBLICATIONS AND THEIR ACTIONS. IT IS EVEN IN THEIR “IN THEIR MISSION” STATEMENTS.
LOOK AT THE DEFINITIONS OF MONOPOLY AND NOTICE IN ITALICS WHAT THEY ARE DESCRIBING…
1. They are deesigingna a program to gain – exclusive control of a commodity or service in particular market (medicine delivery), or a (federal and state regulatory) control that makes possible the manipulation of prices.
Compare duopoly, oligopoly.
2. they are attempting to establish- an exclusive privilege to carry on a business,traffic, or service, granted by a government (for their financial gain and at physicians and tax payer expense with no prone benefit except to them) .
3. They are attempting to gain- the exclusive possession or control of something (medicine and healthcare deliver through control of physicians ability to practice any and everywhere).
4. something that is the subject of such control, as commodity or service (MOC, MOL, OCC and legislation).
5. a company or group that has such control (and they are attempting to take this control an design making away from government agencies reducing states sovereignty and peoples rights to access and to choice).
We should be legislating them out of existence and making anything that looks like it impossible to bring back into government discussions.