Emailed to AOA officers May 12, 2013
USPS certified mail received by AOA June 03, 2013.
No formal reply to either as of Nov.15, 2013
Dear Drs. Stowers, Vinn, Levine and Crosby,
In this week’s DO update email, it was mentioned that AOA is releasing “data” on certification to FSMB. Thanks to John for making the AOA’s plans and actions clear on a daily basis. The information, though, was missing significant detail on this new recurring event commitment. Please answer the following questions, point by point, in detail for the DO membership, perhaps in a publication or email:
11 critical questions on AOA releasing certification data to FSMB:
1. At what AOA general membership meeting was it voted upon to begin reporting DOs certification data to the FSMB?
2. What data is being shared, were personal identifiers removed, and how was it collected?
3. Did the AOA ask permission of the profession to release the data?
4. Does the AOA realize this action may have adverse consequences for its DO members in good faith?
5. Many DO members are opposed to OCC/MOC. Does the AOA know how many? Have they published the numbers? Why is the AOA pursuing it?
6. Many DO members are opposed to MOL in the proposed form. Does the AOA know how many? Have they published the numbers? Why is the AOA pursuing it?
7. What AOA centered research has been published that clearly validates the need to change the current re-certification process and continuing education process? Of these which have proven a connection that is clearly defining an improvement in practice standards and separately an improvement in patient outcomes?
8. How much money does or will the AOA make from OCC/MOC leading to MOL?
9. What right does the AOA have to violate DOs personal civil and professional rights by reporting data to licensure boards?
10. What right does the AOA have to negotiate anything for non-members?
11. What is the opt out process and has the AOA made DOs aware of it?
Best wishes for good health,
Craig M. Wax, DO
Family physician, Editorial Board of Medical Economics
Corresponding author for DOs COMITT
Host of Your Health Matters
Rowan Radio 89.7 WGLS FM
Independent Physicians For Patient independence @IP4PI